Thursday 20 August 2009

guama N bao

finally, i decided to make it without any reason. I picked up everything and headed to Caryn's house...y? cos dun feel lik making alone at home (jo's abandoned me)...

mixing of the dough made me think of those days with her...
'Shze yee, come n help me...faster!'
She always says that when she was making bao (bun)...

it is guama's secret recipi...the buns she made were very nice n shinny n tasty...every time when she was making, she would call me n i was so lazy...couldn't be bothered...but now...i cannot help her anymore cos she can't make it anymore...she can't remember at all...i dun have a chance to say 'no' anymore cos she can't remember...

mixing...
waiting...
steaming...
hmmm....not bad...still remember how...


nice? it's her secret recipi too...
she mimic the buns of the Esquire Kitchen...so smart she is...
sometimes, it looked lik the shape of a shit to me....hehe...xD

it's quite soft n nice but not as nice as hers...
experiment was successful...there is some ingredients that i can't get here...i used self-rasing flour instead of 'bao flour'...making some changes to the baoooo....luckily it still comes out ok...hehe =P

maybe next time i can try to add filling...but...i dunno how to make 'cha xiu' (pork meat)...cha xiu bao (piggy bun-jo) she made was really nice...i can finish 3 or 4 at one time...yummy yummy...din get to learn it from her...

will try to put red bean sand if i've learnt how to make it...my next experiment will be it!!!
hmmm...maybe nutella also not a bad idea...actually we did it before...koko likes it very much...cos it's choc...


guama
din realise that she is so old now but cynthia has reminded me...
it was taken last year when she was visiting my uncle in Sydney...
it was her birthday but she din know...=(


ya...the little girl at the side is me...cute? hehhe...
she has been taking care of me all the way...
but now...she needs somebody but i m not around

3 comments:

jokoo said...

the little girl in the picture is EATING right???????????????????????? hehehehe


there there....sigh... try to spend as much time with your grandma when you go back k? =)

I wish i did.

unicornzoe said...

ya...i have the potential of eating since i m young...

i will...

Lis said...

Small kid.. so cute...wat happen? hahha